Chesterfield Trucking Accident Lawyers
Compensation for Victims of Trucking Accidents in Missouri
If you have been injured in a truck accident, it is important that you contact a Chesterfield truck accident lawyer with the experience and legal know-how necessary to get you the compensation you need to properly care for yourself and your family throughout the healing period. If you have sustained a much more serious injury, it is even more imperative that you seek legal representation from Nichols Lang & Hamlin, LLC. Our lawyers work hard to ensure clients recover the damages needed to cover months to years of medical bills, physical therapy, medical equipment, lost wages, and future lost earnings.
Why Can Semi-Trucks can be a Danger on the Road
- The average semi-truck weighs anywhere from around 35,000 pounds to 80,000 pounds. This weight can easily overtake the weight of any average passenger vehicle.
- The amount of force that a truck that size can destroy a smaller, more fragile vehicle.
- If the driver of the truck was going above the speed limit, the damage that will inevitably be caused exponentially increases.
- If you have been involved in an accident with a truck, chances are good that you will sustain very serious injuries such as head, neck, and spine injuries; broken bones; internal injuries; and more.
Were you or a loved one injured in a serious accident involving a truck in Missouri? Contact us online or call (314) 309-2301 for a free consultation now.
Common Truck Accident Injuries
Because semi-trucks can be incredibly heavy and large, drivers and occupants of other cars are likely to suffer from severe injuries in a crash. Also known as catastrophic injuries, these are long-lasting and may permanently change your life as well as the lives of your loved ones.
Some of the most common types of injuries include:
- Broken bones
- Back and neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Head injuries
- Loss of limbs or amputations
- Paralysis or damage to the spinal cord
Burns Sustained From Accidents Involving Trucks
Another injury that is slightly more unique to truck accidents is severe burns. When trucks roll over or collide with other vehicles, it’s possible for fires or explosions to occur because of certain types of cargo. When this happens, victims who cannot run away in time or are trapped in their vehicles are likely to receive second to third-degree burns. These burns are incredibly painful and may require extensive hospitalization and reconstructive surgery.
Can I Sue the Trucking Company?
It makes sense to assume that the trucker responsible for your accident and injuries can be held financially liable in a personal injury claim. In many cases, this is true when truckers are found guilty of drunk driving or fatigued driving. Because truckers are known for driving in the middle of the night and for long periods of time, they’re more likely to nod off at the wheel, take stimulants to stay awake, and generally have more opportunities to drive recklessly.
However, trucking companies can sometimes be held responsible for their drivers’ actions, especially because companies often cut corners. If the driver is classified as an employee and not an independent contractor, you may be qualified to file a claim against the driver’s employer.
Some instances in which a trucking company can be held at fault include:
- Negligent hiring practices: Some trucking companies fail to fully vet their drivers to make sure they don’t have criminal records or a history of past driving offenses like DUI.
- Failure to train drivers: Operating a large truck is quite different from driving a small passenger car. Companies are required by law to train their drivers so they know how to perform difficult maneuvers, like tight turns and lane changes, without causing accidents.
How Can a Tractor-Trailer Accident Attorney Help You After a Chesterfield Accident?
A truck accident attorney in Missouri can help injured individuals by offering experienced legal representation, advice, and guidance. They can help clients seek the financial compensation they need to cover medical bills, physical therapy costs, lost wages due to missed time at work, car repair or replacement costs, and any other expenses related to the accident. Additionally, a truck injury lawyer may provide services such as:
- Negotiating with insurance companies on behalf of their client
- Investigating the circumstances surrounding an accident
- Gathering evidence from witnesses and experts
- Filing court documents in a timely manner
- Representing clients in settlement conferences and trial hearings
- Working diligently towards obtaining maximum recovery for their client's injuries
If you or a loved one have been injured in an accident involving a truck in Chesterfield, MO, don't hesitate to contact Nichols Lang & Hamlin, LLC. We will work tirelessly to ensure that the at-fault party is held accountable and that you are able to move forward with your life with as little disruption as possible.
Call Us for For Representation After an Accident - We'll Help You Get Back on Your Feet
Don’t let yourself be subject to the additional concern and tension brought about by financial struggles and other money-related issues brought upon by building medical costs. Our truck accident attorneys in Chesterfield have the proficiency and legal ability to help you build a suit against the perpetrators of your injuries. We want to ensure that you recover the damages you are entitled to per your legal rights.
With millions of car crashes happening every year in the United States, it is important that you have confidence in your future. You deserve the capable legal assistance that you need to navigate the complex and confusing legal system to provide for yourself and your family in the days to years ahead. Our attorneys will gather your medical records, collect evidence from the accident scene, and negotiate with insurance adjusters to get the best possible outcome for you.
Our team can stand up to negligent truck drivers and the companies they work for. Call (314) 309-2301 or contact us online to learn more about how we can help.
Personalized Attention & Carefully Curated Legal Plans
Aggressive, Experienced, & Compassionate Counsel
Our Defense Background Gives Us The Upper Hand in Court
Award-Winning Trial Attorneys
65+ Years of Collective Legal Experience
Millions Recovered For Our Clients